At Strata Life Reporting Services we understand that each strata corporation is unique and whether your complex is small or multi-phased, new or showing its age, we can provide you with the reporting services that are right for you.
Strata Life Reporting Services is committed to working with our clients to achieve the best possible outcome for all their reporting needs. Through initial discussions, we will review your strata’s overall picture and provide recommendations for the reporting services that will best suite your needs
Why choose Strata Life Reporting Services?
- Fully Qualified – At Strata Life Reporting Services our reports are prepared by Certified Reserves Planners with a solid background in 2-5-10 Home Warranty Insurance as it pertains to multi-unit common areas and multi-unit renovation practices in British Columbia.
- Preferred Coverage – Supporting our qualifications and providing peace of mind, Strata Life Reporting Services carries Errors and Omissions Insurance specific to our Depreciation Reporting provided by Stevenson & Hunt Insurance Brokers Limited and underwritten by the Encon Group Inc.
- Functional Reporting – Strata Life Reporting Services provides comprehensive reports that provide valuable information for your strata corporation. Our Depreciation Reports follow the Functional Reserve Fund Study format that exceeds legislative requirements and has been adopted by Certified Reserve Planners on a national level.
- Personalized Service – At Strata Life Reporting Services, we are always available to answer our client’s questions related to common area planning and want to ensure that you understand your reporting process every step of way.
- Reasonable rates/ price guarantee – Strata Life Reporting Services strives to provide strata corporations with the best value by providing quality reporting at reasonable rates. Our flat rate service ensures no additional fees or charges at the end of the job.
- Professional Associations – We are proud members in good standing of the following respected organizations.
CHOA, Condominium Home Owners Association
REIC, Real Estate Institute of Canada
Strata Life Reporting Services Principal – Derek Rauch, CRP
Strata Life Reporting Services is led by Derek Rauch, a Certified Reserves Planner with nearly ten years of industry experience working directly with strata corporations in the areas of Reserve Funding/ Depreciation Reporting, Common Area Warranty and Maintenance Planning.
Derek’s early career began in the trades working as a commercial cabinet maker before moving on to 15 years working in construction as a framer and home renovator. In 2007 Derek completed the Home Inspector program at BCIT (where he achieved top marks in the BC Building Code, Part 9
and began performing exterior envelope reviews as an in house technician for one of Canada’s largest Home Warranty Insurance providers.
Taking on the role of Operation’s Manager for the company’s Maintenance Planning Division in 2009, Derek spent five of his seven years with the 2/5/10 Home Warranty provider working directly with strata corporations throughout British Columbia to implement maintenance plans, reserves funding and exterior common area reviews. During this period Derek attended over 200 strata council meetings to deliver reporting results and educate owners on their requirement to maintain their property and the benefits of long term planning.
In anticipation of the changes to provincial legislation, Derek spearheaded the division’s development of their Depreciation Report Services in 2011 before becoming one of the first candidates in British Columbia to earn his CRP* (Certified Reserves Planner) designation in 2012.
Derek continues to perform Depreciation Reports, Warranty Reviews and assist strata corporations in achieving successful planning for their financial, warranty and maintenance needs.
*The CRP (Certified Reserves Planner) designation is the preeminent national designation signifying a professional with the expertise to complete reserves fund studies and depreciation reports for condominiums, institutions, corporations and government entities. The CRP procedures and methodology of executing a comprehensive reserves fund study are recognized as a top standard across Canada.